So, you’ve just bought your floors for your house, but how do you keep your floors clean? You’re in the right place, here is your guide on the best ways to clean floors – vinyl, hardwood, carpet, laminate, even tile!
It’s no secret that if you want to keep your floors looking beautiful, they need to be cleaned. No matter what type of flooring you have, it all needs to be cleaned regularly if you want it to keep that look that you fell in love with.
So whether you have vinyl flooring, or marble tile, here are the top cleaning methods for every type of flooring!
HOW TO CLEAN HARDWOOD FLOORS
Hardwood floors are a great floor for anyone who wants a timeless look in their home. If you want to make sure they stay beautiful for as long as possible, here a re a few tips for cleaning your hardwood floors.
- Sweep regularly. Using a microfiber mop or cloth, sweep your hardwood floors daily, or as often as possible to prevent dirt and particle buildup.
- Vacuum weekly. Dirt can easily find its way in between your hardwood planks, so you should make sure to vacuum weekly to get all that dirt from out of there. A micro-bevel hardwood floor can help with this, but it’s still best to vacuum weekly, even with a micro-beveled hardwood.
- Clean with a damp mop weekly. Make sure you watch how much water you are using, if the mop is too wet, you could damage the floor.
HOW TO CLEAN VINYL FLOORING
Vinyl flooring has become one of the most popular flooring types in the industry, used by builders, designers, and homeowners alike! With good reason, too, vinyl flooring is a versatile, durable, and budget friendly floor. It’s also super easy to clean! Here are a few tips to keep your vinyl floor clean.
- Sweep and vacuum regularly. Just like hardwood, you’ll want to sweep your vinyl floor regularly. Doing this makes sure you’re removing dirt and dust, preventing the finish from scratching.
- Mop with vinyl cleaner. This will keep that finish looking new for years to come!
- Avoid wax cleaning. Unlike some flooring, wax on vinyl flooring can dull its finish.
how to clean laminate floors
Laminate is a lot like Vinyl in a lot of ways. It’s durable and resilient, and has plenty of good looking styles available. Here a re the best ways to clean your laminate floors.
- Like Hardwood, you should use a microfiber mop or broom to wipe away dirt and debris.
- Mop your floors. To mop your laminate floors, you should use a laminate cleaner, and some warm water. Make sure the mop isn’t too wet, as it can cause damage to the floor.
- Avoid abrasive materials. Abrasives can scratch and damage the floors finish.
how to clean tile floors
Whether ceramic or porcelain, tile has an incredible range of styles and colors. From marble, to granite, even wood looks, tile has everything, which is one of the reasons it’s such a popular option. Here are the best ways to clean your tile floors.
- Sweep and vacuum regularly. You guessed it, sweeping and vacuuming once a week keeps dirt and other debris from piling up and scratching your floors.
- Mop your floors regularly. In addition to vacuuming, you should mop your tile floors as well. You can use warm water and a small amount of detergent. When mopping, give attention to the grout lines, as they can become discolored if not cleaned.
- Seal grout. Every one to two years, it is a good idea to re-seal the grout on your tile floors, to prevent staining and keep it looking fresh!
how to clean carpet
Carpet remains a popular flooring options because of the patterns, material, stair runners, and more! In addition, carpet is the material most homeowners are most concerned about staining. Well, there are a few things you can do to prevent, or limit staining your carpet flooring. Here’s how to clean carpet.
- Vacuum regularly. Vacuuming weekly will help prevent buildup of dirt and other debris, keeping your carpet looking better, longer!
- Spot Clean. When something spills, it is best to tend to it immediately, or as soon as possible. Grab a rag, wet it with warm water and mild detergent, then blot the spot where the spill occurred, do not rub it in.
- Deep Clean Your Carpet. Every about two years, you should have your carpet professionally steam cleaned. Doing this will keep your carpet fresh, and prevent too much damage, removing deep-seated stains and dirt.